LATEST COVID-19 DEVELOPMENTS:
* Victoria has recorded one new case of COVID-19 in its revamped hotel quarantine system but no new cases in the community.
* The state has now reached 44 days without local COVID-19 transmission.
* There were 735 international arrivals in quarantine hotels by 11pm on Friday, according to the state government, including 55 with symptoms or complex health needs at the Novotel “hot hotel” in Melbourne’s South Wharf.
* Those who test positive to COVID-19 are obliged to remain in hotel quarantine until they have tested negative and been cleared by officials.
* NSW has recorded a ninth straight day without a local COVID-19 case and removed the final restrictions for South Australians entering the state.
* The zero locally-acquired infections in the 24 hours to 8pm on Saturday were accompanied by three cases found in returned travellers in NSW hotel quarantine.
* NSW is now open to all people in Australia and New Zealand.
* NSW Health on Sunday again implored those in Batemans Bay and southwest Sydney to come forward for testing with even the mildest of symptoms after fragments of the coronavirus were found in sewage.
* No COVID-19 patients in NSW are in intensive care.
* Australia’s hotel quarantine programs have to be impenetrable as the COVID-19 pandemic rages beyond our shores, the nation’s top doctor has said.
* With record deaths and global coronavirus infection rates skyrocketing, Acting Chief Medical Officer Paul Kelly said Australia was in an enviable but delicate position.
* Professor Kelly said he had “all confidence” in the Victorian contact tracing system now it had been revamped and international flights had resumed coming into Melbourne since Monday.
*Australians have made great use of free medical services during the COVID-19 pandemic, pushing bulk billing to a record high.
* Almost nine out of 10 visits to the doctor nationwide were provided at no cost to the patient.
* Temporary changes to Medicare during the pandemic, such as GP telehealth services to prevent the spend of the virus, were a factor behind the surge in bulk billing.
AUSTRALIAN CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS:
* At least four new cases were recorded in Australia on Sunday, with three in NSW and one in Victoria.
* The national death toll is 908: Victoria 820, NSW 55, Tasmania 13, WA 9, Queensland 6, SA 4, ACT 3. (Two Queensland residents who died in NSW have been included in the official tolls of both states.)
GLOBAL CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS:
* Cases: at least 71,649,876
* Deaths: at least 1,604,928
* Recovered: at least 49,634,106
Australian Associated Press