Two separate Kmarts, a Coles and a Bunnings are among the Victorian venues flagged as ‘tier 1’ COVID-19 exposure sites after being visited by a confirmed case.
Kmart, Coles and Bunnings have been listed among exposure sites flagged as “tier 1” risk after a hotel quarantine worker in Melbourne tested positive for COVID-19.
A number of golf driving ranges and hospitality venues in the city’s southeast have also been listed as potential public exposures sites that had been visited by the confirmed case.
Bizarrely, the infected worker appeared to be in two different Kmart stores more than 14km apart at the same time.
Premier Daniel Andrews said the infected worker was a 26-year-old man from Noble Park who was working for the Australian Open quarantine program.
In a late night press conference that started at 10.37pm on Wednesday, Mr Andrews also reintroduced restrictions of mask wearing indoors and reduced the cap on visitors to the home from 30 to 15.
He said “we have to assume that this person has infected others” and urged Victorians to check the exposures sites, monitor for symptoms and get tested.
The Department of Health said anyone who had visited the “tier 1” exposure sites during the times listed must immediately isolate, get a coronavirus test and remain isolated for 14 days.
“These premises have had confirmed cases visit during their infectious period,” the health department said.
“This visit occurred during the time that person was infectious. This includes 48 hours prior to them developing symptoms.
“This does not mean that there is an ongoing risk associated with the premises and you can safely visit the site in line with current restrictions.”
The health department said the exposure sites would remain on the list until 14 days after the last time a confirmed case visited the location.
The department said it was not a complete list and would be continually updated as new information was identified through contact tracing.
Victorians have been urged to keep checking the exposure sites list here.
The exposure sites are listed below:
The state government has also clarified mask rules for students attending school today across Melbourne.
Secondary school students will be required to wear masks while indoors from Thursday.
“The rules around wearing masks in schools have changed,” Education Minister James Merlino tweeted on Thursday morning.
“From today, students in secondary schools must wear masks indoors.
“Students in primary schools are not required to wear masks.”
He said teachers do not need to wear masks while teaching but should wear masks at all other times when indoors.